Sunny's Money Salad
From the kitchen of Sunny Anderson
Cook Time: 1-30 min
• 4 strips bacon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)
• 2-inch piece ginger, grated
• 2 cans black-eyed peas (15 ounces each), drained
• 1 stalk celery, chopped
• 1/4 cup cilantro, leaves only
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 2 roasted red peppers, finely chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
First chop, then fry bacon in a medium pan and set aside on a paper towel to absorb oil.
In a large bowl whisk cumin, lime juice, oil and hot sauce. Then add ginger and toss in peas, celery, cilantro, red onion and red peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss in bacon just before serving.
Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2008.
share this page